Kingdom Care Plan
Unlike pet insurance, which covers illness or injury, the Kingdom Care Plan is designed to cover all the routine treatments your pet requires in the year such as microchipping, vaccinations, worming and flea prevention.
Meet the team
Our practice comprises 3 full time and 2 part time veterinary surgeons who are assisted by eight full time veterinary nurses, animal nursing assistants and support staff. We also have several nursing students on placement with us from time to time.
About Kingdom Veterinary Clinic
Kingdom Veterinary Clinic is a long established practice with our main clinic based in Glenrothes town centre. We also have a branch clinic in Lochgelly, providing care for the animals of the surrounding community.
In addition to cats, dogs and rabbits we also look after many other small mammals including ferrets, guinea pigs, hamsters, rats, mice, gerbils and chinchillas. We also provide a range of treatments for birds and exotic pets such as reptiles and amphibians.
Kingdom Veterinary Clinic is voluntarily regularly inspected by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons to ensure the highest standards of care.
! We are now operating as normal a service as possible at Glenrothes;
• If you are concerned about your pet please contact us by telephone on 01592 753231 and we will advise you and arrange the necessary care.
• We are now carrying out all routine vaccinations and health checks, neutering and other operations. We are catching up with a large number of vaccinations that were missed due to lock down. There may be a wait of several weeks for a routine appointment.
• in the event that you must attend the surgery we still ask that only one person attends the surgery per animal
• Clients are asked to wait in their cars or in the car park. Please report to reception by telephone and we will send a team member to you when it is time for your appointment. Please do not come in to the building.
• please maintain the 2-metre social distancing measures as far as possible and reduce contact to an absolute minimum.
• do not bring any toys or bedding with your pet
• Please use contactless forms of payment such as Android or Apple Pay or contactless cards. Payments can also be taken in advance by telephone.
• Our Lochgelly branch will remain closed until further notice.
• We will now be open at Glenrothes;
Monday – Friday 9am – 7pm, Saturday 10am – 12.30pm then 1.30pm – 4.00pm. We will no longer operate an emergency surgery on Sundays.
• Repeat prescriptions for essential medications are available and medications checks will not be carried out including routine blood work.
• Preventative flea, tick and worming treatments are available but please order them in advance allowing 24 hours before collection.
! Please DO NOT ATTEND the surgery if;
• You or a member of your household or support bubble have tested positive for Covid-19 and have not completed the isolation/ quarantine period.
• You are returning from a high-risk area.
• You have been in contact with anyone returning from high-risk areas
• You are self-isolating due to symptoms or possible exposure
• You are in an “at risk” group i.e. over 70 years of age or have an existing health problem including but not limited to asthma, diabetes or a heart condition
• You are showing any symptoms of being generally unwell including but not limited to fever, persistent cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing or aches and pains
! If you fall into any of the above categories and your pet requires veterinary attention please call our reception team on 01592 753231 and we will do our best to advise you by telephone and arrange the necessary care.
Please note: Due to the evolving situation with the coronavirus (Covid-19) our Lochgelly branch is CLOSED until further notice. We are running an emergency/ urgent care service from our Glenrothes branch. If you have concerns about your pet please call us on 01592 753231.