Kingdom Care Plan
Unlike pet insurance, which covers illness or injury, the Kingdom Care Plan is designed to cover all the routine treatments your pet requires in the year such as microchipping, vaccinations, worming and flea prevention.
Meet the team
Our practice comprises 3 full time and 2 part time veterinary surgeons who are assisted by eight full time veterinary nurses, animal nursing assistants and support staff. We also have several nursing students on placement with us from time to time.
About Kingdom Veterinary Clinic
Kingdom Veterinary Clinic is a long established practice with our main clinic based in Glenrothes town centre. We also have a branch clinic in Lochgelly, providing care for the animals of the surrounding community.
In addition to cats, dogs and rabbits we also look after many other small mammals including ferrets, guinea pigs, hamsters, rats, mice, gerbils and chinchillas. We also provide a range of treatments for birds and exotic pets such as reptiles and amphibians.
Kingdom Veterinary Clinic is voluntarily regularly inspected by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons to ensure the highest standards of care.
! Due to the updated guidance from the Scottish Government and the start of Tier 4 restrictions for at least 3 weeks from Boxing Day (26th December), we will once again be changing the services we are carrying out.
• We will no longer be carrying out routine booster vaccinations or routine neutering operations while tier 4 restrictions are in place. Our priority will be to provide emergency and urgent care.
• We would advise for adult cats and dogs that their booster vaccinations are postponed for one month initially, while Tier 4 restrictions are in place. Puppy and Kitten vaccinations courses will still be carried out.
• We will not be sending booster reminders in January 2021.
• We are unable to register any new clients who are already registered with another local practice and are unable to offer a second opinion service.
• We will still be running a closed doors service and are unable to allow any clients into the building. Pets will be collected from and returned to the car park and we ask that payment is made by telephone or contactless card payment.
• When you arrive at the car park for an appointment please call reception on 01592 753231 to let us know you have arrived and what type/colour of car you are driving. Please turn off your engine and wait in your car. Please ensure that when you are speaking with a member of staff that social distancing is adhered to as much as possible and that you are wearing a mask.
• Waiting times may be longer as we adhere to additional safety measures to try and maintain the safety of our staff while caring for our patients. If you are late to your appointment it is likely that we will be unable to see you.
• When collecting repeat medications please, wherever possible, pay for these in advance over the telephone. When you arrive to collect the prescription please call to let us know you have arrived and then wait in your car with the doors and windows closed. A member of staff will place the medications onto your windscreen. Please wait until the staff member is 2 meters away from your car before exiting to collect the prescription.
• Our Lochgelly branch will remain closed until further notice.
• We will now be open at Glenrothes;
Monday – Friday 9am – 12.30pm then 1.30pm – 6pm, Saturday 10am – 12.30pm then 1.30pm – 4.00pm. We will no longer operate an emergency surgery on Sundays.
• Repeat prescriptions for essential medications are available but please order them in advance allowing 24 hours before collection.
• Preventative flea, tick and worming treatments are available but please order them in advance allowing 24 hours before collection.
None of these decisions have been easy for us to make and our priority is protecting our staff and clients as much as possible so that we can continue to care for your pets through these challenging times.!
! Please DO NOT ATTEND the surgery if;
• You or a member of your household or support bubble have tested positive for Covid-19 and have not completed the isolation/ quarantine period.
• You are returning from a high-risk area or travelling from another tier/local authority area.
• You have been in contact with anyone returning from high-risk areas
• You are self-isolating due to symptoms or possible exposure
• You are in an “at risk” group i.e. over 70 years of age or have an existing health problem including but not limited to asthma, diabetes or a heart condition
• You are showing any symptoms of being generally unwell including but not limited to fever, persistent cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing, loss of taste or smell, or aches and pains
! If you fall into any of the above categories and your pet requires veterinary attention please call our reception team on 01592 753231 and we will do our best to advise you by telephone and arrange the necessary care.
Please note: Due to the evolving situation with the coronavirus (Covid-19) our Lochgelly branch is CLOSED until further notice. We are running an emergency/ urgent care service from our Glenrothes branch. If you have concerns about your pet please call us on 01592 753231.